Thursday, November 22, 2018

Here We Go... Again...

Image result for thanksgiving spread

So I sit here on a Thanksgiving afternoon pondering many things and I realize that the time has come for me to start figuring out how to really work on all the things that I love. Many of you know of my work in the roller derby world, but I have often spoken to some of you regarding my food blog. In addition to traveling extensively for roller derby, I also have a podcast show which I need to get going again. Why talk about all of this here on a food blog? Mainly because if I am going to achieve true balance on these 3 major passions of mine, I need to jump in and start somewhere.

So I figure that, on a day dedicated to being thankful and one whose centerpiece is the meal that we share with family and friends, the absolute right thing to do is to write a blog post here and relaunch this project called Food Is Love. When I began this project more than ten years ago I never anticipated that there would be such huge gaps within the body of this journey. There are many reasons why this occurred, but if I am honest the overall issue has been discipline. Passions are a very real thing, and I am at a point where I am finally ready to distribute my energy evenly into the things I have been given the opportunity to produce. So what will this mean? Well, beyond this post you can expect that there will be more to follow very soon.

In fact I will soon be posting my thoughts on the phenomenon that is Waffle House. I'll share my journey to recapture my Okinawa ramen experience closer to home, and I'll talk about one of the most glorious donut experiences I have ever enjoyed. That and much more will be heading your way as I restart the engine on this vehicle called Food Is Love. I have always appreciated those who have taken the time to read what I write here and I hope you'll join me on this journey once again. In the meantime I invite you to browse around and read other entries from the last few years to get a sense of how deep my love for all things food goes.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Until next time I once again say, eat with a passion, cook with your heart and remember,

Food Is Love.

No comments: